Monday, February 23, 2015

Accept This Dandelion by Brooke Williams

Published February 4, 2015 by Prism Book Group

Renee Lockhart has her eye on a lofty goal…to fill the open position of morning radio show host on a nearby secular station. When her co-workers sign her up for a local TV version of “the Bachelor,” Renee goes along with it in order to raise her profile. Ben McConnell, one of the most eligible bachelors in town, insists that Renee be placed on the show, despite her bumbling audition. Ben gets much more than he expected in Renee. He gets a girl who doesn’t bow to his every whim…and a girl who opens his eyes to true, unexpected love. Enjoy a local version of the popular "Bachelor" TV show...where nothing can go right for Renee!

My Thoughts…

Oh, how I love the Bachelor.   I know it is a silly show, who goes on live TV and dates many girls just to find their true love.  Yet, I still tune in (or DVR it) every week.    When Accept This Dandelion showed up in my emails I knew I had to read it.    I am not sorry I did. 

Let’s start with the bachelor, oh Ben.   I picture him meeting the girls, have a cocktail party, and trying to figure out how you are going to come out alive with a dozen women all wanting and demanding your attention.   While he may not believe he will find love on this show, at least he knows what he wants.   He wants love, he wants a real relationship, and he is willing to send the girls who are not interested home.    Then he meets Renee Lockhart.  

Renee Lockhart.  I truly believe that anyone who meets her has their life changed forever.   Her klutziness, her truthfulness, and her open heart all endear her to Ben.   I cannot imagine how you deal with the man you falling for dating other people.  I understood her self doubt, her jealousy, and her wanting to be honest.  

Accept This Dandelion is exactly what I hoped it would be.   It is a light, fun, and easy book.   I laughed out loud many times, chuckled a few other, and thoroughly enjoyed this story.    I will recommend it.

Book Links


No comments:

Post a Comment