Monday, June 15, 2015

Wild Blue Yonder (Ceruleans #3) by Megan Tayte

Published May 31, 2015 by Heaven Afire

When Scarlett Blake chose life-after-death as a Cerulean, she expected to grieve for all she left behind: her boyfriend, her best friend, her mother, her home. But at least Cerulea, her heaven, would be… well, heavenly. Right?

Wrong.

The world in which Scarlett awakens is very far from her idea of a utopia. Picturesque, sure, and serene. But there can be no paradise within the unforgiving walls of a prison, be they of cold, hard stone or beautifully blue water.

Now Scarlett faces her hardest decision yet: be a good, dutiful Cerulean, or be true to herself and fight for freedom.

And if she can find a way to escape, what then? Can she finally reunite with her lost sister? Can she save Sienna from the murderous Fallen? Can she evade her destiny with the Ceruleans?

Can Scarlett Blake ever reclaim her life-before-death… or must she let go of all she loves? 

My Thoughts…

Scarlett Blake is dying.   She is leaving her best friend Cara, the love of her life Luke, all to find her sister.    It is not her choice to die.   It is her destiny.    Jude is there to help guide her, lead her to Cerulean, to her “home.”    I cannot imagine at eighteen knowing that you are dying, that you do not want die or leave your friends and family, yet there is nothing you can do to stop it.     The only positive part of her dying is that she can go save her sister, the one who everyone thinks committed suicide.  

I read the first book, Death Wish (see review here), and could not wait to get my hands on the second in this five book series.   Forget Me Not and Wild Blue Yonder appeared to me at the same time.  I could not have been more thrilled.    I devoured them both, unable to stop reading, unable to put my tablet down.     After Death Wish, I felt invested in Scarlett Blake.   I needed her to be happy, to be safe, and to find the truth about her sister.   I loved her relationship with Luke.  He was good to her, he kept her safe, he loved her entirely.    I wanted them to be together and to be happy.    I also loved Jude.   He was definitely Scarlett’s protector.    I did not know from book one what his motive was in keeping her safe.    I do know now.    I should have seen it coming, I should have seen the clue, but I didn’t.  I was surprised and now cannot wait for book four to be available.   

This is a great series.   The love, the youth, and of course the paranormal are all perfect.    I certainly recommend checking out this series.


Please Megan, do not make me wait forever for the rest of this series.   

Book Links
Amazon   |   Amazon UK   |   Goodreads

Author Links
G+  |   Pinterest   |   Twitter   |   Website   |   Facebook   |   Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment