Tuesday, September 15, 2015

All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls #1) by Rita Herron

Published September 15, 2015 by Montlake Romance

A young woman lies dead at the bottom of a waterfall, dressed in a wedding gown with a rose stem jammed down her throat. And in the small town of Graveyard Falls, the horrifying vision stirs a long-ago nightmare back to life…

FBI Special Agent Cal Coulter gets called in to investigate the murder, which bears a terrifying resemblance to a series of killings committed thirty years ago: three teenage girls were found dead at the waterfall’s base, all bearing rose stems in their throats. But the high school football star was convicted and imprisoned for those murders, leading Cal to suspect that the killer is still out there.

Now, the body count is rising again. The monster’s sights are set on counselor Mona Monroe, Cal’s best friend’s widow…and the woman he’s always loved. Can Cal stop the killer before Mona becomes the next victim?

My Thoughts…

Rita Herron is a new author to me.   This romantic murder mystery suspense book was sent to me for a review and I accepted not knowing what exactly to expect.    I am so very thankful that I read All the Beautiful Brides.    I started it, kept reading and reading and reading late into the night picking it right back up in the morning and finished it before the day was over.   I did not get much accomplished around the house.   

All the Beautiful Brides has everything.    There are secrets, lies, partial lies, murder, and romance.   The family dynamics are extremely interesting.   Each character has their own history and that is shared so that the reader can understand why the character acts the way they do.    Cal’s history tells why he has the pull to Mona safe.   Mona’s history is finding her birth parents after losing her husband unexpectedly in a car accident.     Those are the main characters but the secondary characters are just as interesting.   I loved Anna and her father’s relationship; while it was not healthy it was by far the one that interested me the most.  I knew there had to be more to it.  

I highly recommend checking out this series.  I know that I have added the rest of this series to my MUST READ list.  I cannot wait for more from Graveyard Falls.   

Book Links
Amazon   |   Goodreads



As of December 1, 2009, According to The Federal Trade Commission (FTC),  product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received products for free or received payment for their review.
 The books I review on this site ( A Soccer Mom's Book Blog) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. .This is a very common practice.  I never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment