Friday, November 20, 2015

Dark Turns by Cate Holahan

Published November 10, 2015 by Crooked Lane Books

Nia Washington is an incredibly talented ballerina. She fought her way up from the streets and was nearing the pinnacle of her profession when an injury and a broken heart derailed her career. Taking a temporary job at an elite boarding school was supposed to give her time to nurse both body and soul. It was supposed to be a safe place to launch a triumphant comeback. It is anything but.

Shortly after she arrives at the beautiful lakeside campus, she discovers the body of a murdered student, and her life takes a truly dark turn. It’s not long before she is drawn into a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse with a ruthless killer. And Nia isn't the only target. She must use all of her street smarts to protect her dancers, save a wrongfully accused student, and rescue the man she loves.

My Thoughts…

I saw it coming… I wanted to be wrong…

The book started with a murder of a teenage girl.   I was enthralled.   The who done it part of the story kept me reading.    I knew who did it, I kept guessing, I hoped I was wrong.     The drama was to be expected in a book of teenagers who lived together 24/7, studying together, going to class together, and being in competition with each other for everything.    

What surprised me are the adults.     I could not believe how clueless they were.  How could they not see what was happening in front of them.  Nia was the one that saw the most.    Yet, she did not tell.  She kept secrets until forced to tell them.    I was interested in her relationship with Jeremy.        I could not make up my mind on whether I liked their relationship or not.   I am still unsure, but I know now what their relationship really was.   

Dark Turns takes the reader into the mind of a murderer.   I loved every page.    I recommend checking out the book.

Book Links




No comments:

Post a Comment