Thursday, November 19, 2015

Saved by a Vampire (The Transformed) by Stacy Claflin

Published September 29, 2015

Vampires. Witches. Werewolves. Betrayal. 

Ziamara nearly died, but a distantly-related vampire put a stop to that. After training to live safely among humans, she returns to her hometown of Delphic Cove to settle into her afterlife. Things are as normal as can be, until a pack of werewolves try to tear her limb from limb.

She survives the assault but returns home to find her house destroyed. Her grandmother is missing, and the only ones who can help her are the very werewolves who threatened her afterlife! Neither Ziamara nor the wolves are excited to work together, but one member of the pack has caught her eye. At a time when the new vampire needs to focus, the only thing she can think about is him.

When Ziamara and the pack get closer to the truth about her grandmother’s disappearance, they find something more ancient, powerful, and deadly than they ever imagined…

Saved by a Vampire is a standalone novel in the Transformed saga, a series of young adult paranormal romance novels. If you like feisty vampires, enchanting werewolves, dystopian post-war settings, and pulse-pounding thrillers, then you’ll love Stacy Claflin’s latest twist on the typical vampire and werewolf tale. 

My Thoughts…

Saved by a Vampire is the first book that I have read in The Transformed series.     I love a good paranormal book, werewolves, vampires, trolls, and witches… what more can I ask for?     This book had it all.     I devoured this book in one day and would love to read more of these characters.   Will Ziamara and Jet be a couple?    Will Ziamara and her grandmother ever be safe?     There are so many questions left unanswered.   

Maybe that is why I am unsure how I feel about this book.    I read it, loved it, yet I feel like it is unfinished.   There were some parts that seemed information was missing.    I felt like it was rushed in some places, the story just pushed through leaving out things that would have made the story that much better.   

Yet, I want more.  I will be going back and reading more of this series.   The characters were great and the storyline moved along.    The romance between Ziamara and Jet was sweet and loving.   It felt like a teenage romance which is exactly what it was.     The wolves were interesting… attacking Ziamara at first meeting then being forced to protect her then actually wanting to keep her safe and being friends.   

Check out this series.    I definitely will be.  

Book Links


No comments:

Post a Comment