Saturday, April 2, 2016

After the Hurt by Shana Gray

ebook, 246 pages
Expected publication: March 29th 2016 by Loveswept



Pepper Chapman refuses to throw in the towel. Six months ago, she made the biggest mistake of her life. Blinded by grief after her mom’s death, Pepper abandoned the man she loves. Now she wants a second chance at everything she gave up: strong hands driving her to ecstasy . . . a deep voice whispering naughty promises in her ear . . . the future they’d planned since they were teenagers. So Pepper comes home looking for forgiveness, ready for a new beginning—if he’s willing to give her a shot.

Retired MMA star Tank Sherman may be used to low blows, but Pepper’s emotional sucker punch left him reeling. Trying to ignore the pain and forget the pleasure of her body beneath his, Tank is prepared to ring the final bell on their relationship. Then Pepper shows up out of the blue, radiating pure sex. But Tank won’t let himself get hurt again, and that means resisting the heat that still burns between them. Because if he takes Pepper back, he knows he’ll never be able to let her go again.

My Thoughts...

I love a good MMA book.    While the main character is a retired MMA fighter, the fact that he is a MMA fighter is not the main point of the book.   This is a love story.   The story of a man and woman who have been together since high school and then things happen and she runs away so when she returns she has to prove herself again to earn his trust again.  

The story was good; I read it in one night.  Yet, I wasn’t invested in Pepper and Tank.    Of course, I wanted them to be happy.  I needed them to be okay again.   But something held me back.     Their love was too easy.    I get that it was true love, deep soul love.  Yet, it just wasn’t something Pepper fought enough for.  

 This book had great potential, the story was there.   It just didn’t happen for me.    What does that mean?   It means that others are going to find this book 5 stars, every book has a reader.   I am glad that I was given the opportunity to read After the Hurt by Shana Gray.   I recommend checking it out.  

Book Links
Amazon   |   Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment