Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Night and Day (Eve Duncan #21) by Iris Johansen

Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: July 19th 2016 by St. Martin's Press

Iris Johansen's third book in her latest explosive trilogy starring forensic sculptor Eve Duncan takes readers on a high-energy adventure with Eve fighting to overcome the odds. Protecting Cara Delaney from the enemies who want her dead leads Eve to be their target. It will take everything she has to rescue Cara, and doing so will put that which is dearest to her at risk. Night and Day is the pulse-pounding race to a conclusion that will have readers on the edge of their seats.

My Thoughts…

Night and Day is the third book in the trilogy within the entire Eve Duncan series.    I devoured the first two books (see reviews HERE) and only hoped that the third book would be just as good.    While I did devour the third book I think the first two were better.    That may be just due to the fact that there was so much build up to saving Cara that when it came time to actually save Cara I wasn’t ready because it meant this trilogy was ending.     Either way this trilogy is certainly the best part of the Even Duncan series.   

This is a hard review to write as I don’t want to give away anything from the story.     I can say that in true Iris Johansen fashion there was a ton of intrigue, mystery, romance, and surprises.     The biggest surprise is Eve and Quinn’s future.    I never saw it coming, I never dreamt it would happen, and I am beyond thrilled that it did.     The relationships between Quinn, Eve, Jane, and Cara are amazing.   They are as close as a family can be.   The understanding, respect, and protection go above what happens in an everyday family.    While most everyday families will never find themselves being hunted by a psychotic drug lord’s wife or searching for treasure in faraway lands it just seemed normal for Eve Duncan.  


I LOVE this series.   Eve Duncan has cost me so many hours of sleep and I am always anxious for the next book to be released.    I recommend checking out this series within a series.   As with all of Iris Johansen’s books they can be read as a standalone.   I do recommend that books 19, 20, and 21 are read in order.    

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment