Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Can I See You Again? by Allison Morgan

Paperback, 384 pages
Published August 9th 2016 by Berkley
From the author of The Someday Jar comes a witty and warm novel about a matchmaker who’s an expert at matters of the heart—except when it comes to her own... 

Matchmaker Bree Caxton has a 98% success rate, a book about to hit the stands, and an amazing boyfriend. Until, that is, he gets cold feet about their future and runs from their relationship.

Afraid no one will buy a book on love from a woman whose love life is a mess, Bree begs her one matchmaking failure, Nixon Voss, to pose as her boyfriend. But when they become a hit with readers, they must carry on their charade just a little longer. Fortunately, they’re both having fun...

But then Bree’s ex decides he wants her back and a newspaper presents a challenge that could expose the truth about her rocky love life. Now she must find the courage to embrace what is, or risk losing something much bigger than her reputation: her heart...

My Thoughts…

I always thought matchmaking was a thing of the past.   I mean I knew about the online services but was always weary of them.     Enter Bree…   I love her confidence, her assurance that she has the right answer and the reasoning behind her thoughts, and of course her wit.    She has a lot of answers and a lot of reasons for those answers.   Allison Morgan did a great job in telling the whys and what for’s of matchmaking.   Everything from body language, to social situations, to how to go out on a date were covered.    There were things shared that I am I had never thought about but when I thought back on my dating life I realized they were things I should have done, did do and shouldn’t have, or clues that I should have paid attention to.

While reading this book there were times that I felt the story was going slow.    Maybe it was just me and how I like a book to move along but at times I wanted Bree to just move on, keep telling her lies, or really I wanted her to open her darn eyes and see what was in front of her.     There were many times I laughed at the lies and where they led Bree, there were times that I shook my head wondering how she came up with the lies, and there were times I was sure she was in way over her head.    

Can I See You Again? is a fun, easy, and enjoyable read.     Most of the story moved at a good pace, the characters were fun and usually believable (except when they were lying).     I recommend picking up your own copy. 

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment