Monday, January 16, 2017

Scattered Souls (Flames of Time #2) by Erica Lucke Dean

Paperback, 244 pages
Published December 2016 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC
Ava Flynn is cursed.

After barely surviving an epic battle between her warring soul mates, Ava is stranded in the past with Laith, while Maddox frantically searches across the decades. Laith will stop at nothing to prove his love to Ava, and a desperate Maddox must race against time to find her before his brother can win her heart.

Torn between the two brothers, and with her eternal soul at stake, Ava comes to the horrifying conclusion that only she can break the curse. But the cost may be more than she is willing to pay.



My Thoughts…

Scattered Souls takes off exactly where book one, Splintered Souls, left off.    The characters of Maddox, Laith, and Ava were there like old friends that I hadn’t talked to in a while but I still knew them.     They were characters that I was excited to reconnect with and find out what the future will hold for them.     

There is still time travelling, soul mates, and a blessing/curse.      I loved that there was a lot of history given about Maddox and Laith.  It was interesting to understand why they are the way they are.     I struggle with the hatred between these two and the length’s they will go to take Ava from each other.   It bothered me that two brothers could be so mean to each other, but then I realized that was all caused by the blessing/curse, the curse that needs to be broken.  

The ending… oh the ending.    I never saw it coming, I had no clue where it was heading, but it was perfect!     I love when a book takes a direction that I never saw coming.   

Erica Lucke Dean is so talented that I never have a doubt when I pick up one of her books I will be entirely entertained.

Purchase links
Amazon   |   Barnes and Noble  
   Google Play   |   Kobo   |   iTunes   |   Goodreads

Check out book one, Splinter Souls, HERE

Author Bio:

After walking away from her career as a business banker to pursue writing full-time, Erica Lucke Dean moved from the hustle and bustle of the big city to a small tourist town in the North Georgia Mountains, where she lives in a 90-year-old haunted farmhouse with her workaholic husband, her 180lb lap dog, and at least one ghost. When she’s not writing or tending to her collection of crazy chickens and diabolical ducks, she’s either reading bad fan fiction or singing karaoke in the local pub. Much like the main character in her newest book, To Katie With Love, Erica is a magnet for disaster, and has been known to trip on air while walking across flat surfaces. How she’s managed to survive this long is one of life’s great mysteries.





Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment